Error code 0x8004FC12 – When a user updates their Windows Operating System to the Windows and then you open any Office application to use. You get Error code 0x8004FC12 with your Office 2016, Office 2013 and Office 365.
Error code 0x8004FC12
We’re sorry, something went wrong and we can’t do this for you right now. Please try again later. (0x8004FC12)
If you wish to fix this error in order to remove Error code 0x8004FC12 and use the Office without any issue then try these steps.
Step 1: Check the Firewall and Antivirus Settings
If you have Antivirus and Firewall activated on your device then there is a possibility that you may get a conflict with other application, every now and then. In such case, it is recommended to disable the security system on your device and then install the Office on your device.
- Before you install or activate your Office Application, disable the Firewall and Antivirus.
- If you do not know how to disable the FIrewall and Antivirus then call us at the toll-free number for support.
- Then start the installation process on your device.
If the Error code 0x8004FC12 is fixed then you can start using the application now. Otherwise, go to the next step to fix the issue.
Step 2: Download latest Updates for Windows 10
If there is an update available for your Windows 10 device. Then we recommend you to install those updates first then go to the Office. To check for any available updates, follow these steps.
- At the bottom left side of your Windows 10 screen, click on the search box.
- Type Windows update and from the list of options choose Check for Update.
- If there is an update available then install it on your device.
- Once the installation is finished, Restart your device.
- When the device starts back on, download and install the Office.
After disabling the firewall and antivirus, Error code 0x8004FC12 still persists then go to the next step to fix the issue.
Step 3: Add Net Local Group
If you are a member of the local Administrator Group then only you can try this method. If the Windows is not updating then you can use this method to work around.
- In the search box of your Windows computer, type cmd.
- When the menu list appears, right-click on Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator.
- When the command prompt appears on your device, enter the following commands to fix the Error code 0x8004FC12.
- net localgroup Administrators localservice /add + Enter Key
- fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\ + Enter Key
- netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt + Enter Key
When all these commands are executed properly, restart your device. Once the device starts back on try to activate the Office and see whether the Error code 0x8004FC12 is fixed or not.
If the error with the Windows and Office conflict persists on your device. And no step is able to fix the error then you can call us for support. Call us at the toll-free number for support and get all your issue fixed including 0x8004fc12 Office Activation, Error Code 0x803d0010, Error 0xc004c781, Error Code 0xc004f017 Office 2016, Office Activation Error, Error Code 0xc004f069 Office 2016 and many more. Call now at the toll-free number and talk to our technician.
Hope you like the Article related to “Error code 0x8004FC12″!